Programme Outcomes Two Year B.Ed. and M.Ed.
1. Understands and explores the meaning, need and significance of education
2. Understands the various perspectives on education.
3. Identifies and questions one’s own long-established presumptions on knowledge, learner, teacher, and education, and develop a more informed, meaningful understanding of them.
4. Understands education in the socio-cultural context.
5. Familiarizes with the socio-political economic dimensions of Indian Society and appreciating its diversity.
6. Develops an understanding of the trends, issues, and challenges facing contemporary Indian Society.
7. Facilitates student teachers’ understanding of the psychological basis of teaching and learning.
8. Understands the developmental processes and needs of children and adolescents and role of teachers in facilitating developments.
9. Understands the various theories of personality, factors affecting individual differences and the special problems of exceptional children.
10. Acquaints with the prominent theories of learning, retention, and transfer of training and the strategies to facilitate each one of these.
11. Familiarizes with the psychological principles underlying ‘curriculum transactions, psychological testing, management and guidance and counseling.
12. Understands the essentials of assessment for learning, democratic education, school management, and physical & health education.
13. Helps them in understanding the relation between language, mind and society.
14. Develops a comprehensive and critical understanding on disability, marginalization and inclusive education.
15. Addresses the learning needs of all children, including those who are marginalized and disabled
16. Understands basic assumptions of ICT its scope in the area of teaching and learning.
17. Imbibes knowledge and develops an understanding of methods and strategies of teaching in Middle, High schools and Higher Secondary schools, and evaluating its outcome.
18. Acquires adequate knowledge of the content of the school subjects concerned, of middle, secondary and higher secondary classes.
19. Develops positive attitude to teaching profession and to the coming generation
20. Acquires the democratic and social values of an ideal teacher thereby to inspire his/her students.
21. Develops interest in facilitating learning and development and enjoys teaching and organizing curricular and co-curricular activities.
22. Readiness to accept the progressive changes in the field of education
23. Generates sensitivity towards local and global environment to emphasize living in
24. Harmony within oneself and with natural and social environment.
25. Recognizes the need of integrating and inculcating life skills and values in school Curriculum and its implementation.
26. Develops skills in dealing with the problems of maladjustment, indiscipline and learning disability.
Becomes capable in rendering counseling and guidance for the needy students.
28. Develops skills in planning, transacting and evaluating curricular contents of secondary and higher secondary classes.
29. Develops various sub skills and competencies in teaching and classroom management through microteaching.
30. Acquires skills in developing and using audiovisual devices and ICT for classroom teaching.
31. Acquires skills in discharging the duties of a competent teacher in the prevailing socio cultural and political system and to meet the challenges of the transforming society.
32. To acquaint with professionalization of teacher education
33. Attains a sound knowledge base and proficiency in language
34. Develops an artistic and aesthetic sense in children through art education
35. Learns how to make productive work a pedagogic medium for acquiring knowledge in various subjects, developing values and learning multiple skills
36. Helps student teachers discover and develop open-mindedness, the attitude of a self- motivated learner, having self knowledge and self-restraint.
37. Helps student teachers develop the capacity for sensitivity, sound communication skills and ways to establish peace and harmony.
38. Develops the capacity to facilitate personal growth and social skills in their own students.
39. Enables student teachers to generate an understanding of the principles of yogic practices so as to improve quality of life.
40. Develop the ability to perform appropriate yogasanas so as to improve physical and mental conditions and emotional equilibrium.
41. Be sensitive to the social, professional and administrative contexts in which they need to operate
42. Identifies their own personal expectations, perceptions of self, capacities and inclinations
43. Learns about the requirements of professional work and makes contribution to the schools providing internship opportunity.
44. To be a professional and humane teacher
PROGRAMME AND SPECIFIC PROGRAMME OUTCOMES TWO YEAR B.Ed PROGRAMME
EDU 01 – EDUCATION IN CONTEMPORARY INDIA
1. To be familiar with the interdisciplinary analysis of concepts, ideas and concerns.
2. To describe the structure of Indian Society
3. To explain the relationship between various social structure
4. To familiarize with the socio-political economic dimensions of Indian Society and appreciating its diversity.
5. To explain the role of education in respecting diversities
6. To develop an understanding of the trends, issues, and challenges facing contemporary Indian Society.
7. To discriminate between formal, informal and non-formal agencies of education
8. To analyze the applications of general principles of various disciplines in the educational system
9. To discuss the recommendations of various commissions/ committees on different levels of education.
10. To describe various innovative approaches to realize the constitutional directives of public education in India.
11. To understand the relationships between specific political institutions, economic policies,
and social structures in order to comprehend the achievements, persistent problems and
challenges facing contemporary Indian society.
EDU 02- DEVELOPMENT OF THE LEARNER
To enable the prospective teachers to
1. understand the process of development; developmental aspects, stages, factors influencing development, developmental tasks, developmental needs and hazards
2. acquire theoretical perspectives regarding development
3. develop a sensitivity and positive attitude towards the major socio-cultural issues affecting development.
4. develop skills in observing, analyzing and adopting appropriate strategies to deal with developmental problems and hazards
5. familiarize about the research strategies and approaches to study the socio- cultural and political issues pertaining to development.
EDU 03 – SCHOOL ORGANIZATION
1. To develop understanding about the concept and scope of educational management
2. To familiarize the school organization
3. To develop skills in preparing time table
4. To acquaint with the concept of institutional planning
5. To understand the structure and functions of SMC
6. To understand and appreciate TQM
7. To understand the Importance of health and physical education in the teacher education programme
8. To create awareness about life style diseases.
9. To understand the importance of the yoga and its benefits
10. To create awareness about first aid.
11. To create awareness about food and nutrition and its importance in human life
EDU.04.UNDERSTANDING DISCIPLINES AND SUBJECTS
1. To enable student teachers to reflect on the role and significance of school of subjects
2. To acquaint with the history of teaching of different subjects in school.
3. To understand the nature and classifications of academic disciplines
4. To analyse socio political and cultural interventions upon disciplines and subjects.
5. To explore new emerging areas in academic disciplines and their causes.
EDU 05.2- THEORETICAL BASES OF TEACHING ENGLISH
1. To become competent in pedagogic knowledge, skills and experience to professionalize the profession
2. To familiarize the feature of language, place of English language and its importance
3. To familiarize the principles of teaching English , language skills and enhancement
4. To review the basic structure of language
5. To understand the aims and objectives of teaching English at different stages
6. To understand the core teaching skills and implement them in class
7. To understand the core teaching skills and implement them in the class
8. To understand the application of various theories of language learning
9. To have knowledge about types of vocabulary and techniques to develop; methods of teaching vocabulary, functions, pronunciation
EDU 05.4. THEORETICAL BASES OF TEACHING
The teacher candidates are able to
1. develop attitude towards Malayalam language
2. understand the principles and theories of language teaching
3. analyse four-fold language skills
4. get acquainted with methods, techniques and strategies that could be applied in the teaching of Malayalam
5. get acquainted with principles/concepts of curriculum construction
EDU.05.10. THEORETICAL BASES OF TEACHING MATHEMATICS
1. To develop an insight into the nature of Mathematics.
2. To develop an understanding about the interrelationship of different branches of Mathematics, relationship of Mathematics with other subjects and with daily life.
3. To familiarise the history of Mathematics and Mathematics education.
4. To know the recommendations of various committees and commissions(in India) about the role of Mathematics in school curriculum.
5. To understand the values of learning mathematics.
6. To understand the aims and objectives of teaching mathematics.
7. To analyse the objectives of teaching Mathematics at different levels of Education.
8. To understand the Taxonomies of Educational objectives (Bloom’s & RBT).
9. To develop understanding about the desirable teacher behaviour for effective teaching of Mathematics
10. To understand different approaches, methods and techniques of teaching mathematics
11. To understand the implications of theories of Piaget, Bruner and Gagne in Mathematics Education.
12. To understand the steps of development of Mathematics curriculum
13. To understand the principles of curriculum construction and organization.
14. To analyse the various approaches to curriculum organization
15. To familiarise with important reforms in Mathematics Curriculum in India and abroad.
EDU.05.11. THEORETICAL BASES OF
TEACHING NATURAL SCIENCE
1. To acquaint with the nature of Science.
2. To develop understanding of the place of science in National School Curriculum.
3. To familiarize the evolution of Teaching of Science.
4. To update the present practices of learning and instruction prevailing in the state schools of Kerala.
5. To understand Approaches, Methods & Techniques of Teaching Science.
6. To understand the Theoretical Bases of constructivism and to familiarize with the methods and techniques for implementing constructivism in the classroom.
7. To understand the principles of organizing curriculum.
8. To provide theoretical backings of Microteaching and models of teaching
9. To appreciate linking science with society.
EDU 05.12 THEORETICAL BASES OF TEACHING
1. To acquaint with the nature and evolution of physical science
2. To understand Aims and Objectives of teaching physical science
3. To develop proper teacher behavior among teachers
4. To understand the principles of
5. To familiarize with methods and Strategies of teaching physical science
EDU 05.13 THEORETICAL BASES OF TEACHING SOCIAL SCIENCES
1. To acquaint with the nature and
evolution of social sciences and social studies
2. To understand Aims and Objectives of teaching social science
3. To develop proper teacher behavior among teachers
4. To understand the principles of organizing Curriculum
5. To familiarize with methods and Strategies of teaching social sciences
EDU 101 MICRO TEACHING To develop specific teaching skills
1. To build up confidence in teaching
2. To practice and refine teaching skills
3. To provide feedback for modification of teaching behavior
EDU 102 COURSE ON EPC 1: LANGUAGE
ACROSS CURRICULUM – READING AND
REFLECTING ON TEXTS
Upon completion of this course, the student teacher will:
1. Develops ability to comprehend the
language of texts, teacher and learner and various other instructional contexts
2. Improve his/her proficiency in ‘reading’, ‘writing’, ‘thinking’, and ‘communicating’ in the language of instruction
3. Develop an interest in reading
4. Improve his/her ability to understand instruction
EDU 103.YOGA, HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION-I
· To understand Importance of Physical Education
· Develop Awareness about health and fitness
· Develop the physical fitness and wellness
· To understand the prevention of life style diseases.
· To understand the importance of the yogasanas and its benefits
EDU 06: PERSPECTIVES ON EDUCATION
This course will enable you to
1. To understand education as a discipline
2. To define education
3. To develop an understanding of major philosophical divisions and their relevance in education
4. To identify the relationship between education and social factors
5. To develop an understanding of Indian and western philosophical schools
EDU 07- FACILITATING LEARNING
To enable the prospective teachers to
1. understand the process, factors and theoretical bases of learning
2. understand the phenomenon of forgetting and to familiarize with strategies of overcoming forgetting with research evidence
3. familiarize with the acquisition of skills, values, attitudes and habits
4. understand learning in learner's perspective
5. develop positive attitude interest and appreciation regarding the teacher's role to foster learner based and context friendly approaches
6. develop skills in adopting techniques and strategies appropriate to the learning task
7. develop skills for diagnosing problems of learning and assessing learning outcomes
EDU 08-ASSESSMENT FOR LEARNING
On completion of this course, the students will be able to:
1. Describe the meaning and role of assessment in learning.
2. Know the principles of assessment practices.
3. Understand the assessment practices in various approaches of teaching
4. Differentiate different types of assessment
5. Identify tools and techniques for classroom assessment
6. develop necessary skills for preparation of achievement test and diagnostic tests
7. Point out key issues in classroom assessment
8. understand how assessment can be possible in inclusive settings
9. Master various statistical techniques for reporting quantitative data
EDU 09.2 PEDAGOGIC PRACTICES IN ENGLISH
· To become competent in pedagogic knowledge, skills and experience to professionalize the profession.
· To understand the various methods and approaches of teaching English
· To familiarize different audio-visual aids in teaching of English
· To analyse the course book and also the content
· To apply different methods of teaching English
· Too know the need and importance of planning
· To understand the evaluation in language
· To understand the use of library resources
EDU 09.4 PEDAGOGIC PRACTICES IN MALAYALAM
The teacher candidates
1. assimilate the purpose of analyzing the subject to be taught by applying pedagogic principles
2. understand basic theories in language acquisition
3. understand the need of planning in teaching
4. familiarize wit micro teaching
5. understand the importance of resource materials for teaching and learning
6. understand the importance of evaluation
EDU 09.10 PEDAGOGIC PRACTICES IN MATHEMATICS
1. To understand the pedagogic analysis of Mathematics and develop competency in analysing various topics in mathematics pedagogically.
2. To develop understanding about planning of instruction
3. To make proficient in planning lessons based on the select models of teaching.
4. To familiarise with various resources for teaching/ learning mathematics
5. To understand the evaluation techniques and tools for assessing the learner comprehensively.
6. To develop competency in developing Achievement and Diagnostic tests in mathematics.
7. To make proficient in interpreting test results and remediation.
EDU 09.11 PEDAGOGIC PRACTICES IN NATURAL SCIENCE
· To understand the Aims and Objectives of Teaching Science
· To understand and practice the pedagogic analysis of 8 th, 9th and 10 th Biology.
· To acquaint with the co-curricular activities in Science.
· To have a hands-on approach in organizing and maintaining library and laboratory in science.
· Identifying the various resources for biology teaching
· To understand the Evaluation techniques and prepare objective based test items as per the existing state syllabus pattern in Science.
EDU 09.12 PEDAGOGIC PRACTICES IN PHYSICAL SCIENCE
1. To have a hands on competency in preparing pedagogic analysis of physical science
2. To acquaint with Planning of instruction
3. To provide familiarization with resources for teaching and learning physical science
4. To develop ability to prepare lesson transcripts based on models of Teaching
5. To understand the Evaluation techniques and prepare Achievement Test as per the existing state syllabus pattern in Physical science
EDU 09.13 PEDAGOGIC PRACTICES IN SOCIAL SCIENCE
· To have a hands on competency in preparing pedagogic analysis of social science
· To acquaint with Planning of instruction
· To provide familiarization with resources for teaching and learning social science
· To develop ability to prepare lesson transcripts based on models of Teaching
· To understand the Evaluation techniques and prepare Achievement Test as per the existing state syllabus pattern in Social science
EDU201.1 PEER DISCUSSION LESSONS
1. To understand the concept and importance of Lesson Planning in classroom teaching
2. To strengthen the conceptions of lesson planning
3. To provide guidelines to you during teaching practice
4. To maintain the sequence of content presentation
5. To provide you a forum to discuss various facts of Lesson Planning
6. To develop attitude towards teaching
7. To prepare lesson plans on the basis of various approaches/methods of teaching
8. To discuss lesson plans with peers and teacher educators
9. To improve the competency of lesson planning
EDU201.2 OBSERVATION LESSONS& FACULTY DEMONSTRATION LESSONS
1. To observe teaching skills, and the participation of students in the lessons
2. To observe teacher/teaching behaviour in various teaching learning situations
EDU 201.3 CRITICISM LESSONS
1. To provide opportunity for a macro lesson in practice
2. To develop the skill of structured observation of classroom teaching
3. To get experience of preparing lesson plans for classroom teaching
4. To provide opportunity for debating on teaching performance.
5. To pool feedback of all observers of a specific lessons.
EDU 201.4 PREPARATION OF TEACHING –LEARNING MATERIALS (WORKSHOP)
1. To nurture ideas of preparing relevant teaching aids for identified content areas
2. To develop creative instincts
3. To give chance for expression of ideas
4. To develop feeling of conservation of thrown out materials
EDU 201.5 INITIATORY SCHOOL EXPERIENCES (
1. To provide the student-teacher an
opportunity to have primary experiences with the functioning of the school.
2. To develop conceptual understandings about teaching and learning in school environment
3. To validate the theoretical understandings developed through various foundation and pedagogy courses
4. To understand and develop meaningful learning sequences appropriate to the specificity of different levels of learning
5. To mobilize appropriate resources for them.
1. To observe children and the teaching learning process in a systematic manner.
2. To understand the content and pedagogical principles, issues and problems related to teaching
3. To develop a repertoire of resources which can be used by the intern later in her teaching– textbooks, children’s literature, activities, games, and excursions
4. To participate in teaching school subjects for the children of Class VI to X.
5. To experience the school in its totality
6. To assume the role of a regular teacher with appropriate planning taking into account the diverse needs of students and the varying contexts that impact the teaching learning process.
7. To acquire competencies and skills required for effective classroom teaching, class management and evaluation of student learning, organization of co-curricular activities, and working with the community
8. To be able to innovate within existing systemic limitation
9. To critically reflect on her own school experiences and keep records of the same.
10. To learn to assess different aspects of children’s learning without a focus only on Achievement.
11. To develop proper professional attitudes, values and interests.
12. To familiarize with the existing educational scenario of the respective states.
EDU.302. COURSE ON EPC 2: DRAMA AND ART IN EDUCATION
· helps learners to extend their awareness, through multiple perspectives, to look at reality through fantasy,
· to predict everyday situations in order to cope with unpredictable unsettling experiences. Drama in Education transcends the here and now, to travel through time – to the past, to the future, while it also allows us to freeze time.
· to understand the medium, in order to transpose learners into a different time and space, to shape their consciousness through introspection and imagined collective experience.
· helps to stretch the learner into areas of ‘discomfort’ and ‘confusion’, to then seek resolution, clarity and understanding.
· to feel empathy for and relate with the other can be nurtured through drama based on experience, emotion and interpretation.
EDU.303 YOGA, HEALTH &PHYSICAL EDUCATION-
· To know how to conduct the physical education classes with Lesson Plan
understand the importance of Yoga and its implications to
· To understand the concept of Yoga and practice of various systems of yoga.
EDU.304. COMMUNITY LIVING CAMP
1. To realize the aim of ‘learning to
2. To equip the students to live cooperatively in a society
3. To impart social values and skills (adjustment, sharing, tolerance, empathy etc.)
4. To impart personal values and skills (leadership, initiative, self-confidence, positive attitude, creativity etc.
5. To provide chances for democratic living, managing events, division of labour and dignity of labour.
6. To promote social accommodation and broaden the mental abilities of the student-teachers
7. To develop critical thinking about the issues related to the policies/approaches in Education
8. To inquire in to the cultural, social, scientific, educational and environmental aspects of a community
9. To manage events of various dimensions
EDU 10-GENDER, SCHOOL AND SOCIETY
1. To familiarize the concept of gender as a social construct
2. To identify important gender issues in schools and educational settings
3. To examine the recent issues associated with gender in school and society
4. To understand the inter-related functions of school and society
EDU. 11 EDUCATIONAL THOUGHTS AND PRACTICES
The course will enable you to
1. To analyse the thoughts on education philosophy of different thinkers
2. To acquaint with the nature of Indian society
3. To recognize the impact of modernization in the society
4. To analyse the relationship between democratic system of governance and education in view of the principles of Indian constitution
5. To understand the concept of curriculum and the factors influencing it
6. To acquaint with major trends in recent curricular revisions in India
EDU. 12 CREATING AN INCLUSIVE SCHOOL
This course enables learner to:
1. To explore the definition of ‘disability’ and ‘inclusion’ within an educational framework so as to identify the dominating threads that contribute to the psychosocial construct of disability and identity.
2. To identify ‘barriers to learning and participation’ related to school education.
3. To bring about an understanding of the ‘cultures, policies and practices’ that need to be addressed in order to create an inclusive school, To appreciate inclusion as a ‘dynamic approach of responding positively to pupil diversity
4. To develop a disposition to see individual differences not as problems, but as opportunities for enriching learning.’
5. To equip with methods that promote the integration of students with disabilities in the normal schools
6. To interrogate own beliefs and also of school teachers, to see how those influence the
implementation of inclusion.
7. To develop:
i. The conviction that all children can learn and grow;
ii. A firm belief in positive and varied outcomes;
iii. Realization that inclusion is a pedagogy that is ever evolving and constantly responding to the changing needs of learners;
iv. Practice of assessment that assesses skills and knowledge rather than content and that is open to a variety of assessment methods and time frames;
v. An inclusive environment that functions with the support and active participation of all – children, parents, community, teachers, administrators and policy makers
8. To observe educational institutions to identify of the ‘barriers to learning and participation’ and to help schools move towards positive practices, cultures and policies.
EDU 13.2 PROFESSIONALIZING ENGLISH EDUCATION
1. To acquire knowledge, skill and experiences to professionalize the profession
2. To understand the need of professionalism
3. To know the global demands of English teachers
4. To become aware of new careers in the global scenario
5. To understand and experience various language learning materials
EDU 13.4 PROFESSIONALING MALAYALAM EDUCATION
The Teacher candidates
1. familiarize with the e-resources for teaching –learning Malayalam
2. understand the IT integrated approach in teaching Malayalam
3. understand the qualities and competences of a teacher
4. develop a sense of professionalism
EDU 13.10 PROFESSIONALIZING MATHEMATICS EDUCATION
1. To know the ways of making Mathematics enjoyable.
2. To understand the ways of catering the needs of gifted students, slow learners and under achievers in Mathematics
3. To know various initiations to nurture Mathematics Talents
4. To be a professional mathematics teacher.
EDU 13.11PROFESSIONALIZING NATURAL SCIENCE EDUCATION
1. To be a Professional Science Teacher.
2. To understand and apply skills in Pedagogic transaction.
3. To understand and find inter relationship of different areas of TPACK.
4. To develop skill in technological pedagogical analysis of content knowledge (TPACK).
5. To understand the importance of nurturing gifted children.
6. To familiarize the I T related professional inputs of teaching.
7. To understand the scope of networking in science teaching.
8. To understand the use of video conferencing and smart class rooms.
EDU 13.12 PROFESSIONALISING PHYSICAL
1. To be a professional physical science teacher
2. To be well acquitted with uses of IT inputs in physical science class room learning practices
3. To develop Skills in Techno pedagogy
4. To deveop awareness about emerging areas of physical science education
EDU 13.13 PROFESSIONALISING SOCIAL SCIENCE EDUCATION
1. To be a professional social science teacher
2. To be well acquitted with uses of IT inputs in social science class room learning practices
3. To develop Skills in Techno pedagogy
4. To develop awareness about emerging areas of social science education
EDU 14.2 ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION
The Environmental Education Course will enable the Student Teachers to :
1. Acquire Knowledge and understanding of the terms, concepts and definitions, principles and Laws, process, relationships, phenomena related to environment.
2. Develop an understanding of the natural resources, associated problems / issues and their Management.
3. Apply the knowledge and understanding of the environmental concepts, principles, etc., in their practical situations to arrive at the solutions/ alternative solutions to the environmental Problems/ issues.
4. Appreciate the physical, biological, social, cultural, political and economic aspects of the environment, their interrelationships and interactions ( with special reference to human impact on environment), needed efforts to preserving life on the Earth.
5. Develop scientific attitude towards the problems and issues of environment and appreciate
the need for conservation of the environment.
6.Develop an understanding of the meaning, scope and importance of Environmental Education in schools and B.Ed. colleges
7. Develop necessary skills and competencies in planning, designing and organizing EE activities / programmes in schools.
8. Use appropriate tools/ techniques in evaluating EE outcomes.
9. Participate actively in community oriented EE activities and programmes.
EDU 14.3 EDUCATION FOR DIFFERENTLY
After studying this course the learner is expected to
1. Understand the differences between the impairment, disability, and handicap.
2. Enumerate the educational needs of various categories of persons with disabilities.
3. Describe the general methods to be adopted for early identification and intervention strategies .
4. Familiar with educational practices for students with differently abled.
5. Know the trends and developments in the education of differently abled
EDU14.4 GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
On completion of this course the students will be able to:
1. Understand the definitions, meaning,
nature and scope of guidance
2. Understand purpose of guidance
3. Appreciate the needs for guidance
4. Understand Principles of guidance
5. Be familiar with types of guidance
6. identify the meaning, need and techniques of group guidance
7. Understand various guidance services in schools
8. Understand the role of teacher as a guidance personal
9. Get an idea about the Organisation of school guidance Programmes
10. Understand the meaning, nature and scope and objectives of counselling
11. Analyze the relationship between guidance and counselling
12. Recognize the objectives and principles of counselling
13. know the skills and qualities of an effective counsellor
14. Recognize the different approaches of counselling
15. Understand the various stages involved in the process of counselling
16. Comprehend concept, definitions and importance of mental health
17. Identify the Factors contributing to mental health
18. List the Characteristics of mentally healthy person.
19. acquaint with Current mental health issues among school children
20. Familiarise the counselling for gifted, creative, MR, LD, Slow learner, socially disadvantaged children and problem children.
21. To understand the methods of Educational counselling at different stages
22. Role and function of school counsellors
23. Concept of children with special needs.
24. To acquaint with the behavioural problems among school children
EDU 14.5 HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION
1. To understand the importance of health and physical education in teacher education programme
2. To understand the benefits of exercise
3. To understand the importance of first aid
4. To understand the importance of food and nutrition in human life
5. To understand the importance of yoga and stress management
EDU14.6. MANAGEMENT IN SCHOOL EDUCATION
1. To develop an understanding of the concepts management, administration and organization in education
2. To create an awareness of various
levels of Management in schools
3. To delineate school as the formal system o education
4. To understand the existing constitutional provisions for school education in India
5. To analyze the role of various organizations in school management
6. To appreciate the role of administrative authorities in maintaining the quality of Institutions
7. To familiarize the school organization
8. To critically examine the dimensions of institutional climate
9. To acquaint with the concept of institutional planning
10. To understand the structure and functions of SMC
11. To explain nature and types of leadership in schools
12. To examine the leadership roles of different components for better school management
13. To sensitize towards effective management of human and material resources in school
14. To understand the different components of management in schools
15. To develop competence to maintain records in school
16. To develop sills in preparing timetable
17. To develop skills to manage library and laboratory in schools
18. To explain the principles underlying the organization and administration of co-curricular activities
19. To explain the meaning and purpose of school budget
20. To familiarize with the concept of Total Quality Management in Education
EDU 14.7.VALUE EDUCATION AND PEACE EDUCATION
1. To understand the values and peace.
2. To promote value education and peace education.
3. To identify different types of values and peace.
4. To know various approaches in value education and peace education.
5. To transact the value education and Peace education as part of curricular programs.
EDU.401 COURSE ON EPC 3: CRITICAL UNDERSTANDING OF ICT
· help student-teachers to learn integrating technology tools for teaching learning, material development, developing collaborative networks for sharing and learning.
· explore use of ICTs to simplify record keeping, information management in education administration. Communication and information sharing/ storing
· help student-teachers to develop an understanding of the shift from an ;industrial society; to a;post industrial information society;,
· help student-teachers reflect critically and act responsibly to prevent how ICTs are used to support centralization and proprietisation of larger knowledge structures;
· to show student-teachers how ICTs can be adapted to support decentralized structures and processes,
EDU.402. COURSE ON EPC 4: UNDERSTANDING THE SELF
1. to develop understanding of student-teachers about themselves – the development of the self as a person and as a teacher, through conscious ongoing reflection.
2. enable student-teachers to develop sensibilities, dispositions, and skills that will later help them in facilitating the personal growth of their own students while they teach.
3. to develop social-relational sensitivity and effective communication skills, including the ability to listen and observe
4. enable student-teachers to develop a holistic and integrated understanding of the human self and personality;
5. to build resilience within to deal with conflicts at different levels and learn to create teams to draw upon collective strengths.
6. to explore one’s dreams, aspirations, concerns, through varied forms of self-expression,
including poetry and humour, creative movement, aesthetic representations, etc.
EDU .403.SUPW & WORKING WITH COMMUNITY
1. To acquire the requisite competencies in planning and executing socially useful Programmes
2. To develop social sensitivity and consciousness and their human sensibilities
3. To seek co-operation and support from local people
4. To develop dignity of labour
5. To produce products which are useful to society
EDU. 404. FIELD TRIPS/ STUDY TOUR
1. to provide an exposure to students to study and appreciate.
2. providing situations for the student-teachers to learn and get acquainted with the process of organizing /conducting a study tour/field trip and understanding the environment around.
PROGRAMME AND SPECIFIC
TWO YEAR M.Ed PROGRAMME (2017 ONWARDS)
Master of Education (M. Ed) is a
professional and research oriented postgraduate level teacher
education programme. Two-years M.Ed programme is designed to provide
students to extend as well as deepen their knowledge and understanding of
in select areas, and also develop research capacities, leading to
specialization in either elementary
education or secondary education. The M.Ed Programme was conceived as a
professional programme for advanced study of the discipline of Education.
Purpose of the M. Ed programme is to prepare professionally committed and competent
teacher educators, curriculum developers, educational policy analysts, supervisors, school
counselors, school principals, educational researchers, educational administrators, and
educational planners who can develop education according to the national aspirations and global
trends. It seeks to prepare educational experts capable of generating knowledge and to find
solutions to the problems and issues relating to the theory and practice of the varied fields of
education. It also focuses on comprehensive and integrated professional development of
personnel engaged in educational management and administration.
The M. Ed programme aims at preparing truly professional teacher educators and other
personnel specialized in different areas of education. The programme intends to achieve the
· To conceive the nature of education as a discipline
· To understand how concepts/ theories/issues drawn from disciplines cognate to education
· To develop specialized knowledge and understanding of the bases of education
· To create national and international perspectives on educational theory and practice
· To develop understanding of human behavior and personality for guiding efficient and effective learning
· To acquire skills required to take up leadership roles in the areas of education
· To develop a rational conceptualization of educational research
· To enhance essential ICT skills required for educational practice and professional empowerment
· To develop competence in specialized areas such as Elementary and Secondary Education
· To sharpen epistemological, axiological and ontological perspectives of school education and teacher education for enhancing conceptual understanding of education
· To reflect on the multiple contexts in which the schools and teacher education institutions are working
· To integrate information and communication technology to teaching-learning and training transaction
· To develop skills among students to manage internships, practicals and field attachment
· To develop competency in the development of curriculum, syllabus, textbooks, and instructional materials, evaluation and assessment
· To develop ability to analyze and reflect upon one’s professional experience
· To appreciate the challenge of
theorizing education and identify relationship between theory
· To learn the skills required for playing a leadership role in different areas of school education
MED 01 ADVANCED PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
· To understand the nature of education as a discipline
· To examine the philosophical origin of educational theory and practice
· To analyse critically various schools of philosophy and vision of great thinkers and also their educational implications
· To enable the student to develop a philosophical outlook towards educational problems.
MED 02 PSYCHOLOGY OF LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
· To acquaint the learner with the methods and approaches of scientific psychology and psycho-pedagogy.
· To acquaint the learner with the stage related developmental characteristics and the role of teacher to facilitate development.
· To familiarize the learner with theories of development and their educational
· To enable the learner to understand that learning and development are interactive processes.
· To acquaint the learner with the complex phenomena of learning the various theories and implied instructional strategies.
· To enable the learner to understand and apply the principles of transfer of learning.
· To acquaint the learner with the theories of remembering and forgetting and ways to ensure good retention.
· To familiarize the learner with motivational theories and their classroom implications.
· To make the learner understand the means of developing life skills and mental health.
MED.03.TRENDS AND ISSUES IN EDUCATION
· To sensitise the students about the new trends in education.
· To make the students reflect and critically evaluate the new trends and issues in education.
· To promote seminal thoughts for solving the various issues in the fields of education.
· To make the students critically aware about the various issues in the contemporary educational system.
· To equip the students with various tools and techniques used in the process ofeducation and use them effectively.
MED 04 INTRODUCTION TO EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH AND STATISTICS
On completion of this course, the students will be able to:
· describe the meaning, purpose, scope and types of research in education.
· explain the characteristics of quantitative, qualitative and mixed research.
· conduct a literature search in educational research
· understand the role and use of
statistics in educational research.
· convey the essential characteristics of a set of data by representing in tabular and graphical forms
· compute relevant measures of central tendency and measures of variation
· understand the properties of Normal curve and application
· undersatnd and compute correlation
· use computers for data analysis
MED 05 HISTORY, SOCIOLOGY AND POLITICAL ECONOMY OF EDUCATION
· To develop understanding about the relationship between education and social processes
· To analyse education from economic perspective and to identify the linkage between education and development
· To trace the history of education in India and use sound historical knowledge to solve contemporary educational problems
· To reflect upon the dynamic political context in which educational processes taking place
· To critically examine the contemporary concerns and issues of education in the Indian society
MED 06 Psychology of Individual Differences
· To understand the phenomenon of individual differences as causing variation in development and learning.
· To enable the learner to understand the psychological causes of behavioural problems of students and to render guidance and counseling.
· To familiarize the learner with theories of intelligence and controversies regarding measurement of intelligence.
· To make the learner understand the concepts of multiple intelligence and emotional intelligence.
· To familiarize the learner with theories of personality and techniques of measuring personality in the educational context.
· To enable the learner to identify exceptional learners and to acquaint them with curriculum adaptations around the globe to cater to exceptional learners.
· To make the learner understand the constructs of learning styles, teaching styles, cognitive styles and thinking styles.
· To make the learner aware of the relevance of knowing teaching style to adapt teaching in tune with that of learning styles.
· To familiarize the learner with new trends in educational guidance and counselling like transactional analysis(TA), neuro linguistic programming(NLP) etc.
MED 07 CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT AND TRANSACTION
· Understanding the evolution of the concept curriculum and its present status
· To familiarize the various theories and approaches of curriculum development
· To acquire knowledge about curriculum planning and designing
· Discuss various Models and types of curriculum
· Define meaning of curriculum transaction and to describe various methods/media for transaction.
· Understand the need of curriculum evaluation and reforms
MED 08 ADVANCED EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH AND STATISTICS
completion of this course, the students will be able to:
· understand tool, design and procedure for collection of data
· understand and explain the method appropriate for a research study
· understand the construction and standardization of tools of educational research
· test specific hypotheses about populations based on sample data
· use appropriate procedure to analyse qualitative data
· understand regression and prediction in relation to correlation
· test hypothesis based on a given situation using statistics
· understand the application of parametric tests and analysis of variance
MED 09 TEACHER EDUCATION
· Gain insight and reflect on the concept and the status of pre-service and in-service teacher education
· Acquaint with the content, and organisation of pre-service teacher education curriculum, infrastructure and resources needed, and the issues and problems related to teacher preparation.
· Examine the policies, programmes and schemes of teacher education and its relevance in meeting the demands of present day schooling.
· Critically examine the role and contribution of various agencies and regulating bodies in enhancing the quality of teacher education.
· Develop professional attitudes, values and interests needed to function as a teacher educator.
· Understand and appreciate the research perspective on various practices in teacher education.
· Acquaint with the innovative practices in teacher education at national and international levels.
MED 11.2 METHODOLOGY AND PEDAGOGY OF ELEMENTARY EDUCATION
· To help students understand the nature of young learners and their varying socio-cultural, economic and political contexts and to contemplate upon the process of learning.
· To understand the modern psychological theories and to reflect their bearing on methods of teaching and evaluation.
· To understand and apply the modern pedagogical practices in teaching at elementary education level.
· To acquaint the students with the assessment and evaluation techniques at elementary education level.
· To help the students to understand the changing role of a teacher and concept of professional development.
MED 12.1 CONTEXT AND ISSUES OF SECONDARY EDUCATION
· To develop an idea about the structure of Secondary and Senior Secondary Education in India.
· To develop understanding about different constitutional provisions related to Secondary and Senior Secondary Education.
· To give an idea critically to the current status of Secondary and Senior Secondary Education in India.
· To develop an understanding of the
underlying principles of curriculum development and evaluation
at Secondary stage.
· To understand the basic rights of the child and to develop an awareness about the child right legislation in India.
· To gain insight in to the need, objectives and importance of Pre-service and inservice teacher education at Secondary level.
· To understand the recommendations of different education commissions regarding Secondary and Senior Secondary Education.
· To reflect upon different issues, concerns and problems of Secondary and Senior
Secondary Education in India.
MED 12.2.1 ADVANCED METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING ARABIC
On completion of the course the educant will be able to:
· understand the nature and functions of language and linguistics and its implication for teaching and learning
· develop a deeper understanding of the theories related to language learning and language acquisition
· survey various problems and issues related to language curriculum
· development and language teacher preparation
· examine the nature and scope of research in the area of language education
· analyze different approaches, methods, and techniques for teaching language and literature in the context of L 1 and L 2
· examine the theories of assessing competence and learn to practice it.
· Integrate technological, pedagogical and content knowledge and practice it in classroom situations
MED 12.2.2 ADVANCED METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING ENGLISH
· To generate a cohort of professional human teachers and teacher educators empowered with contemporary curricular and pedagogic resources to enrich
· English as Second Language classrooms in the socio cultural and linguistic contexts in India.
· To scaffold the English language learner, teacher and teacher educator with the life skills
demanded of a Twenty first century language learner.
MED 12.2.3 ADVANCED METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING MALAYALAM
To enable students:
· To acquaint with the Nature and Functions of Language
· To acquaint with the Pedagogy of Malayalam Language
· To understand the Interrelationship between Basic language skills and their Sub skills
· To acquaint with the Theories of Language Acquisition
· To acquaint with the Multiple Intelligence theory and language Teaching
· To get an idea about the Development of Language Curriculum
· To acquaint with Relevant areas of Research in Malayalam Language Education
· To understand the Modern trends in the Assessment of Malayalam Language Learning
· To get an idea of using ICT to support Malayalam Language Learning
· To acquaint the Professional competency, Teacher empowerment and Consciousness as a Language Teacher
12.2.4 ADVANCED METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING HINDI
On completion of the course Teacher educand will be able to:
· Gain an understanding of the nature, functions and the implication of planning for teaching Hindi language.
· Become familiar with the linguistic, psychological and social processes underlying learning of languages.
· Acquaint the teacher educands with the different approaches, methods and strategies for teaching and evaluation.
· Develop ability in teacher educands to make use of information technology in teaching- learning process.
· Get familiarized with the with the theories of language acquisition for effective transaction of curriculum.
· Get an idea about the steps involved in construction of language curriculum
· Make the teacher educand aware of the latest research works going on in the field of Hindi Education.
MED 12.2.5 ADVANCED METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING URDU
On completion of the course, students will be able:
· To acquaint the students with comprehensive ideal of professionalism
· To acquaint the students with the nature, functions and the implications of planning for teaching language/languages
· To acquaint the students with the language learning with Psycho- Socio-Philosophical and Technological bases.
· To acquaint the students with the pedagogy of language learning and language teaching.
· To acquaint the students with different approaches, methods and technology for differentiating between teaching language and teaching literature in the context of first language and second language
· To acquaint the students with various areas of research in language education
· To survey various problems with respect to language learning: Language acquisition, contextual, curriculum, evaluation, teacher preparation related etc.
· To reflect on factors which shape language planning and policy
· To evaluate the status of Urdu education in the state of Kerala and National level
MED 12.2.6 ADVANCED METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING
· gain an understanding of the nature of language.
· identify the theories of language acquisition.
· get an idea about the steps involved in construction of language curriculum.
· gain an understanding of the different approaches,methods and strategies in language learning. familiarize with various approaches/methods/models of teaching.
· internalize various skills involved in teaching tamil.
· apply the acquired skills in actual classroom situations
MED 12.2 .7 .ADVANCED METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING SANSKRIT
On completion of the course the learner will be able to:
· Gain an understanding of the nature of language
· Be familiar with linguistic, psychological and social process underline learning of language
· Get awareness about the various
aspects and dimensions of teaching Sanskrit as an ancient
language in the schools and colleges in Kerala
· Identify the theories of languages acquisition
· Get an idea about the steps involved in the construction of language curriculum
· Gain understanding of the different approaches, methods and strategies in Sanskrit curriculum transaction
· Internalize various skills involved in teaching Sanskrit
· Apply the acquired skills in actual classroom situations
· Familiar the Sanskrit commission and Krishna Varrier committee reports
MED 12.2.8 ADVANCED METHODOLOGY OF TEACHINGMATHEMATICS
· On completion of the course the future teacher educators will be able to:
· Appreciate the nature of mathematics
· Distinguish between science and mathematics
· Realize the importance of history of mathematics education
· List the major aims and objectives of teaching mathematics at various levels
· Analyze various approaches, methods and techniques of teaching mathematics
· Create understanding about the curriculum development and major curricular reforms in India with special reference to mathematics education.
· Develop understanding about the theoretical basis of teaching and learning mathematics.
· Realize the contributions of scientific research to mathematics education.
· Construct and standardize achievement test in mathematics
· Construct diagnostic test in mathematics and prepare remedial programmes
· Deal with technological developments in mathematics education
· Develop research attitude among students
MED 12.2.9 ADVANCED METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING PHYSICAL SCIENCE
· To acquaint the students with the history and philosophy of Science that helped to shape the present day Physical Science education.
· To understand the modern psychological theories and their bearing on Science curriculum development, methods of teaching and evaluation.
· To understand and apply the modern pedagogical practices in teaching Physical Science.
· To acquaint the students with the recent developments, contemporary issues and research on Modern Physical Science education.
· To help the students to understand the changing role of a teacher and concept of professional development.
MED 12.2.10 ADVANCED METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING NATURAL SCIENCE
On completion of this course, the students will be able to:
· understand the nature of science as a dynamic, expanding body of knowledge and as a social endeavour;
· understand the difference and complementarities between Science and Technology;
· understand the need to evaluate curricula and evaluate the same on the basis of different validities;
· know about and critically study innovative curricular efforts in India and abroad;
· appreciate the role of co‐curricular activities in science education;
· understand the Constructivist approach
to science instruction;
· understand the role of assessment in the teaching –learning process in science;
· familiarize with new, innovative trends in assessment;
· analyze various issues in Science education
· acquaint with the modern psychological theories and their bearing on Science curriculum development and methods of teaching
· acquaint with the recent developments and research in modern Science education.
· familiarize with resources for teaching/learning Science
· appreciate linking science with society
· familiarize with I T related inputs of science teaching.
· acquaint with some modern procedures and techniques in teaching Science.
MED 12.2.11 ADVANCED METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING COMMERCE
· To enable the learner to understand the nature, scope, aims and objectives of commerce education.
· To acquaint the learner with the psychological theories and their bearing on commerce curriculum.
· To update on the present practices of learning and instruction in the Higher Secondary Schools of Kerala.
· To equip the student with various approaches, strategies, methods, techniques and models in the teaching of commerce.
· To be proficient in selecting most appropriate teaching approaches/methods/ techniques/model of teaching in varied context and content.
· To enable the learner to analyze the role of IT in commerce education and use of materials and media in commerce teaching.
· To develop insight into modern practices of student evaluation and assessment.
· To acquaint the learner with the recent researches in commerce education.
MED 12.2.12 ADVANCED METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING SOCIAL SCIENCE
After completion of the course the student teachers will be able to:
· Develop an understanding about the meaning, nature, scope of Social Science Education.
· Understand the role of various methods and approaches of teaching Social Sciences
· Understand different Approaches to organisation of social science curriculum and methodology of developing curricular materials
· Employ appropriate strategies for the transaction of social science curriculum.
· Effectively use different media, materials and resources for teaching Social Sciences
· Construct appropriate assessment tools for teaching-learning of Social Sciences and undertake evaluation
MED 12.2.13 ADVANCED METHODOLOGY OF TEACHING COMPUTER SCIENCE
· To acquaint the students with new trends in Information and communication technology.
· To make the students aware of the significance of Information and Communication technology in education.
· To make the students aware of new interactive and online learning Management systems.
· To develop the skill to utilise the modern information and communication technologies effectively.
· To develop skills in production,
selection and evaluation of educational materials.
· To acquaint the learner with the relevant security features to be taken while interacting with online and computer based environments.
· To develop favourable attitudes towards using modern educational media.
· To acquaint the learner with the recent researches and developments on Computer education.
Course Code – 13.1 GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
On completion of this course the students will be able to:
· Understand the meaning, nature and scope of guidance
· Understand the meaning of and the need for group guidance
· Recognize the role of guidance in attaining the goals of education
· Appreciate the need for guidance
· Develop acquaintance with various techniques of group guidance
· Understand the Types of guidance services
· Understand the meaning, nature and scope of counselling
· Appreciate the need for and goals of counselling
· Analyze the relationship between guidance and counselling
· Recognize the objectives of counselling
· Recognize the different approaches of counselling
· Understand the various stages involved in the process of counselling
· Appreciate the importance of counselling relationship
· Recognize the different areas of counselling
· Become acquainted with the skills and qualities of an effective counsellor.
· Familiarize with common behavioural problems of students.
· Understand the Nature and causes of behavioural problems
· Recognize the Concept of normality and abnormality
· Become acquainted with the Disorders of child and adolescence
· Familiarise developmental disorders and Psycho physiological disorders
· Analyze the causes of Underachievement and role of learning disabilities
· Understand the problems related with school discipline
· Recognize the Concept of stress, Stressors, Stress prevention and coping.
· Understand the role and function of school counsellors.
· Familiarise the modes of counselling for gifted, creative, MR, LD, Slow learner, socially disadvantaged children and problem children.
· To understand the methods of Educational counselling at different stages
· Recognize the role of Heads and teachers in school Counselling programmes.
Course Code – 13.2 EDUCATIONAL EVALUATION
· To acquaint learners with basic knowledge of Educational Evaluation
· To familiarize learners with history of Educational Evaluation
· To develop understanding about various models of Evaluation
· To familiarize students with various measuring instruments
· To develop necessary skills in preparing measuring instruments
· To develop understanding in the guiding principles of constructing different types of test items
· To develop understanding about ensuring qualities of a measuring instrument
· To develop competence in standardizing
different types of measuring instruments
· To acquaint the learner with the new trends in Educational Evaluation
Course Code – 13.3 ADVANCED EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
· To understand the meaning, scope and concept of Educational Technology and
· To know the basics of multimedia and tools used to develop multimedia.
· To appreciate the role of technology in teaching-learning process.
· To understand the concept, scope and significance of ICT in Education
· To understand the means of ICT integration into teaching and learning and
· To know the latest developments in the field of ICT, relevant to Education.
· To understand the basic concepts of e-learning.
· To understand the technology mediated communication in e-learning.
· To learn the services that manage e-learning environment.
· To know the teaching and learning processes in e-learning environment.
Course Code – 13.4 EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT, PLANNING AND FINANCING
On completion of the course the students will be able:
· To develop an advance understanding of the management concepts and their application application in education environment
· To understand the basic concepts and principles of educational management and administration
· To develop an insight into the perspectives of management theories and practices in education
· To study educational management system and functions in India with specific reference to national, state and district level administration of education
· To develop an understanding of leadership in the context of education
· To improve the individual performance as educational managers and leaders
· To acquaint them with the concept, theories, models and styles of Leadership
· To have deeper insights into educational planning in terms of national and community needs
· To develop the skills in planning by mastering the approaches to educational planning
· To explain the role and contribution of different agencies/ contribution in educational planning
· To reflect on the need for financing of education and how and why it can be done
· To analyze the concept of education as an investment
· To identify the main sources of finance and mechanism for mobilization of resources for school education and higher education
· To explain different types and procedures of budgeting in education
· To understand the issues and challenges in planning and administration of education in India
Course Code – MED 14.1 EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE AND EDUCATION
On completion of this course the student will be able to:
· Understand the need and significance of early childhood care and education
· Understand the policy perspectives on ECCE in Indian and the world
· Understand developmental problems of
children with special needs.
· Understand quality and dimensions of ECCE programs and curriculum in India and foreign countries.
· Understand the alternative thoughts in early childhood education.
· To familiarize the need of informal education in early childhood.
· To acquire the knowledge of development characteristics of Early childhood both normal and children with special needs and link the knowledge in to society
· Understand social and personal development of children (3-6 years)
· Understand the quality-dimensions i.e., curriculum, programmes and workforce for ECCE.
· Understand the need for providing compensatory programme for children deprived genetically familial and socially .
· Helping parents to develop understanding about the development traits and needs of children who belong to ECCE.
Course Code – MED 14.2 HIGHER EDUCATION
On completion of this course, the students will be able to:
· describe the scope and goals of higher education.
· understand the structure and organisation of higher education in India and Kerala
· understand the various aspects of curriculum at higher education level
· get awareness of various aspects of teaching – learning process in higher education
· understand the nature of evaluation in higher education
· understand the growth and development of higher education in India
· get awareness about different policies, acts & bills for the development of higher education
· understand vital problems in Indian higher education
· awareness on research priorities in higher education
Course Code – MED14.3 NON – FORMAL EDUCATION
To enable the students:
· To understand the meaning, scope, and importance of Non-Formal Education
· To well verse with the theoretical basis of non formal education
· To make aware of the concept of Non-Formal Education as different from Informal education and Formal Education
· To gain knowledge about the relationship between Non-Formal Education and Adult Education
· To acquaint with the modern development in the field of Non-Formal Education
· To appreciate the importance of providing Lifelong Learning
· To familiarize with the contributions of great educators and agencies to Non-Formal Education
· To get an idea about the psychology of Non-Formal Education learners
· To learn the curriculum and methods of Non-Formal Education
· To look into the modern instructional materials available in the field of Non- Formal Education
· To get an idea about the social and economic framework of Non-Formal Education
· To know the modern techniques of
evaluation in Non-Formal Education
· To improve understanding regarding Gerontology and educate students regarding national policies and programs related to Ageing in context of Lifelong Learning and Adult Continuing Education
· To educate basic issues of senior citizens, care-giving, counseling etc.
· Enable student about critical issues of Ageing workforce, its prospects, opportunities and challenges.
· Enable students to understand the historical perspective of women empowerment
· Acquaint the students with some of the major development programmes for women and their impact on society.
· Make students aware of existing programmes and strategies for Empowerment of women
Course Code – MED 14.4 ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION
To enable the student teacher to –
· Understand the aims, objectives and philosophical foundation of alternative education.
· Explain the concept of alternative education, its importance and scope in national context.
· Identify the roles of different agencies in alternative education.
· Identify and suggest the effective means and methods to be employed for alternative education.
· Critically evaluate the education policies and commissions regarding alternative education.
· Understand the process of alternative education at various stages.
· Impart knowledge about the problems and difficulties coming in the way of achieving full literacy in the country.
· To provide a practical experience to students in alternative education programmes.
Course Code – MED 15.1 INCLUSIVE EDUCATION
On completion of this course the students are expected to
· Appreciate the need for promoting inclusive practices in education.
· Understand the trends and developments in inclusive education
· Develop an understanding of the challenges faced by students with diverse needs
· Develop an understanding of the educational approaches and measures to meet the diverse needs of students.
· Develop knowledge and skill to address the diverse needs of the students in inclusive education.
· Identify the various aspects of teacher preparation and research priorities in inclusive education.
· Develop critical understanding of the policies and legislations related to inclusive education.
Course Code – MED 15.2 ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION
· To understand the concept, importance, scope and aims of environmental education To familiarize the emerging terminologies and concepts in the field of environmental education
· To acquaint the student with possible
environmental hazards enabling them to combat with
the negative effects of the programmes of environmental erosion and pollution
stages of education.
· To orient student with various components of environmental concerns for preparing a curriculum for environmental education.
· To enable the students to develop various strategies for realizing the objectives of environmental education with special emphasis at local level
Course Code – MED 15.3 HUMAN RIGHTS AND VALUES EDUCATION
On completion of this course, the students will be able to:
· get an awareness of human rights
· understand the national significance of human rights
· recognize the violation of human rights and ways to protect our rights
· encourage activities to protect human rights
· understand the importance of human rights education
· understand the new trends in human rights
· recognize the disintegration of values in the society.
· understand the need and significance of value education.
· understand and analyse various approaches for value education.
· recognize the importance of values in life and in education
· internalise the concept of values
Course Code – MED 15.4 COMPARATIVE EDUCATION
After completing the course, the student will be able to:
· Explain the concept of Comparative Education.
· Understand the need and importance of Comparative Education.
· Explain the factors influencing the educational system of a country.
· Understand the structure of educational system in different countries.
· Compare the education systems of U.K, Ethiopia, China and India.
· to assess the efficacy of educational systems of different countries in terms of prevailing trends of those countries.