Grievance Redressal Cell
Grievance Redress Forum is an appellate body to hear and decide on the matters related to academic, discipline, curricular and co-curricular activities. The Grievance Redressal Cell (GRC) aims to look into the complaints lodged by any student and redress it as per requirement. The students can state their grievance regarding any academic and non- academic matter within the campus through the online and grievance/ suggestion box. The institution aims at solving the grievances of the students within stipulated academic and non- academic matter within the campus through the online and grievance/ suggestion box. The institution aims at solving the grievances of the students within stipulated time.
The Grievance Redressal Cell has been developed to settle the grievances of the students and other stakeholders within a reasonable time period for further strengthening the bond of the students with the institution by providing them with all kind of facilities to a satisfaction level for maintaining a convenient ambience of academic teaching and learning.
According to the UGC (Grievance Redressal) Regulations, 2018, composition of the Grievance Redressal Committee is :
Chairman : Prof.(Dr.) T. Mohamed Saleem (Principal)
Coordinator : Prof.(Dr.) Vijayakumari K.
Faculty : Prof.(Dr.) Jesa M.
: Dr.Afeef Tharavattath
: Dr. Rishad Kolothumthodi
: Mr. Faseel Ahammed
Ward member : Mr. Abdul Hameed C.
PTA Vice President : K M Jameela
Students’ Representative : Krishnapriya P.
Mechanism of the GRC
- Grievance redressal committee (GRC) shall consider only individual grievances of specific nature of students and staff.
- The GRC shall not consider any grievance of general applicability or of collective nature of raised collectively by more than one employee/student.
- Post receipt of the complaint/application the committee will decide on the merit of case regarding scope of further discussion investigation and act promptly.
- The GRC may mediate between complainant and defendant against who the complaint has been made, it required.
- GRC shall consider redressing of grievances within a reasonable time.
- The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and seek guidance from the higher authorities if required.
The students may lodge grievance about any academic and non- academic matters related to –
- Timely issue of duplicate Mark-sheets, Transfer Certificates, Conduct Certificates or other examination and scholarship related matters.
- to dues and payments for various items from the library, hostels and other financial matters.
- certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, preparation of food, availability of transport, victimization by teachers and any other offensive activity.
Procedure for lodging complaint
- The students can lodge their grievance through online mechanism in the link provided below-
for lodging grievance.
- The students may feel free to drop the writing (can be anonymous if required) in the grievance/ suggestion box.
- The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
Online Link: https://forms.gle/pAxT3SKXvUG4tD7o9
- Anti ragging committee functions under the chairmanship of Principal takes measures to follow the directions of Hon. Supreme Court of India and UGC.
- Anti sexual harassment cell is named as internal complaint committee which is working under women cell deals with issues of gender based violence. Grievance on minor issues related to academic matters, practice teaching, hostels, conveyance etc are timely managed by the respective committee.
- Due to the special nature of teacher education programme no ragging case is reported in the campus till date. An anti ragging form is being filled by the students during the interview in the college. Moreover the institution takes special attention to make the students aware of the legal issues related to ragging. Various co curricular activities organised as a collaborative effort of senior and junior students help to build a cordial relationship between them.