Our Finishing School, launched in 2015, works on an agenda towards empowering the inner potential of our student teachers for equipping them with essential skills to meet with the demands of emerging student community. It has a unique training methodology that incorporates learning, skills and self-development with a curriculum that is entertaining, stimulating and rewarding. We utilize the expertise of our teachers, Content, Infrastructure, Systems and Digital Technology aids that enhance better learning outcomes, outstanding personal development and effective social skills among our student teachers developed in over five decades of experience in the education field; it finely blends into modern and futuristic professional set up and demand.
The project levels up students’ confidence and self-esteem so that they are able to face unusual and difficult situations with ease during their future career. Under this project, teachers are constantly imparting training in the areas of general knowledge, communication skills and life skills to the students as per the prescribed syllabus. Classes are organized one day a week under the supervision of expert faculties as the part of our regular timetable based on prescribed syllabus. Each session includes theoretical orientation on the topic and demonstration by the expert faculty, practical task for skill development and assessment of students’ performance. As a culmination of our efforts to make it fully fledged course efforts are in progress to have official collaboration with Central University of Kerala.
The Finishing School is the concept that reaches its horizon beyond 4E’s-Education, Employment, Entrepreneurship & Empowerment. It trains and works towards providing skills that touch the basics of life, and enforces the professional, personal and holistic growth of an individual. Our Finishing School programme works on an agenda towards empowering the inner potential for a fulfilling and efficient life. The Finishing School has a unique training methodology that incorporates learning, skills and self-development with a pedagogy/ curriculum that is entertaining, stimulating and rewarding. The Finishing School’s tailor made courses channelize individual energies towards a balanced, enriching life, meeting goals set forth. We utilize Content, Infrastructure, Systems and Digital Technology aids that enhance learning outcomes, developed in over three decades of experience in the education field, it finely blends into modern and futuristic professional set up and demand
Finishing Schools level up an individual’s confidence and self-esteem so that they are able to face unusual and difficult situations with ease. Finishing Schools, nowadays, provide a complete platform for an individual to grow as a person on a social, mental as well as physical level. Finishing Schools aim at the overall development which helps the individual attain a correct level of balance between theoretical studies and practical life experiences
Project Head : Prof.(Dr.) T. Mohamed Saleem ( Principal)
Project Director : Dr. Mohammed Sareef K
Associate Directors : Dr. Afeef Tharavattath
: Dr. Rekha P.
The major outcomes the course are given below
- Personality enrichment -to develop a balanced personality well equipped to adjust with demand of different social situation
- Leadership skills – to develop leadership qualities which enable each learner to initiate, and organise different programmes and manage a heterogeneous group
- Communication – to develop effective communication skills in both mother tongue and English
- Career planning – to plan their future career
- Goal setting – to have an realistic ambition in life
- Confidence Development -to cultivate confidence in an individual to help them feel more relaxed while meeting new people.
- Attitude – individuals to develop a certain kind of attitude in order to achieve higher professional growth.
- Presentation Skills – to improve communication skills, presentation skills and group discussion skills which are important factors at a workplace.
- Interpersonal skills and life skills -to build practical knowledge to lead an effective social life
- Social manners – to teach manners that are accepted as gracious and polite in social, professional, and family situations
- Self-knowledge and development – to know ones strength and weakness and togrow on a personal, social, mental and emotional level.