CURBING THE MENACE OF RAGGING IN HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
It is brought to the notice of the Public that ragging is a criminal offense and that UGC has framed UGC Regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009, in order to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging in Indian Universities/Colleges/Institutions.The regulations have been notified vide No. F. 1-16/2009 (CPP-II) dated 21.10.2009 and are available on UGC website www.ugc.ac.in .The above mentioned regulations are mandatory and shall apply to all Universities established or incorporated by or under a Central Act, a Provincial Act or a State/Union Territory Act and all Institutions recognized by or affiliated to such Universities and all Institutions deemed to be Universities under Section (3) of the UGC Act, 1956 with effect from 4th July, 2009 i.e. the date of its Publication in the official Gazette.
1. Click here for online antiragging undertaking
It shall be the duty of the Anti-Ragging Committee to ensure compliance with the provisions of UGC Regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in higher educational Institutions as well as the provisions of any law for the time being in force concerning ragging; and also to monitor and oversee the performance of the Anti-Ragging Squad in prevention of ragging in the institution.
The committee consists of the following members:
1. Principal : Prof.(Dr.) T. Mohammed Saleem
2. Nodal Officer : Dr. Rishad Kolothumthodi
3. Representative of Civil & Police Administration
S. I. of Feroke Police Station
4. Representative of Local media
Mr. K.P. Najeeb
5. Representative of NGO involved in youth activities
Mr. V. M. Basheer
6. Representatives of Faculty Members
Prof.(Dr.) Mumthas N.S.
Prof.(Dr.) Vijayakumari K.
Dr. Umer Farooque T.K.
7. Representatives of Parents
Vice President, P.T.A
8. Representative students belonging to freshers
9. Representative of Senior students
10. Representative of Non-teaching staff
Mr. Muhammed Basheer T.
Students in distress owing to ragging related incidents can access
the Toll Free Helpline 1800-180-5522 or E-mail : email@example.com